Sr Director Analyst
9 years at Gartner, 30 years industry experience
Location: Germany | Language(s): English, French, German
Roles and Responsibilities
Joachim Herschmann is a Senior Director, Analyst on the Application Design and Development team. He helps CIOs, IT and Software Engineering Leaders build their software design, development, and people strategies. He is an expert in the areas of software quality and testing, AI-augmented development and testing technologies and DevOps. Current research focuses on continuous quality and the evolving concept of building digital immunity to improve software quality. He also is the key initiative leader for Software Engineering Technologies, his insights and coverage of these technologies in the enterprise enables clients to make faster and smarter technology decisions.
Mr. Herschmann joined Gartner after years leading Product Management and Product Marketing teams for vendors in the software quality space and working with clients across the globe. He began his career and developed his expertise in various roles including software development, pre-sales, and solutions marketing while working at a number of leading software providers, including Vignette, Segue, Borland and Micro Focus.
- Borland, Director of Product Management, 3 years
- Micro Focus, Product Director, 3 years
- Segue, Technical Sales Engineer/Consultant, 3 years
- Master's degree, Computer Science, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
25 January 2023Predicts 2023: How Innovation Will Transform the Software Engineering Life Cycle
23 January 2023Quick Answer: What Are the Key Skills Needed to Drive Software Quality?
28 November 2022Market Guide for AI-Augmented Software-Testing Tools
- 22 May 2023 - 24 May 2023 Application Innovation & Business Solutions Summit
- 13 September 2023 - 14 September 2023 Application Innovation & Business Solutions Summit