Alan D. Duncan
Distinguished VP Analyst
9 years at Gartner, 31 years industry experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Alan Duncan is Distinguished Vice President for Data and Analytics Strategy and Chief Data & Analytics Officers (CDAO). Major areas of interest include: - Data-driven business transformation, data literacy and culture. Influencing the organizational, cultural and behavioral change impacts arising from an evidence-based/analytic approach to digital business. - Data and analytics strategies and operating models (including specific considerations for midsized enterprises) - Business value of data and analytics, identifying, communicating and realizing business outcomes and value (including treating information as an asset and data monetization)
Mr. Duncan is a recognized authority and executive leader in the fields of data strategy, business analytics, data-driven culture and business change, data governance, and data quality. In a career spanning over 30 years, Mr. Duncan has provided strategic advice for world-class data management, business intelligence, data warehousing, master data management, document management and knowledge management solutions. He has worked with clients in a diverse range of industry sectors, including telecommunications, financial services, retail, state and federal government, natural resources, healthcare, utilities, and manufacturing. Many of his clients have been international businesses operating across multiple countries, and he has worked in the U.K., France, Germany, the Netherlands, the U.S., Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Australia. He is also an Associate Member of Faculty at University College Cork (UCC), where he lectures on the MSc programmes for Data Business and Digital Health.
- Acuma Solutions, Client Partner, Information Communications and Media, 4 years
- SMS Management & Technology, National Competency Leader, Information and Data Management, 4 years
- UNSW Australia (University of New South Wales), Director of Data Governance (CDO), 2 years
- B.Eng., With Honors, Electronics Engineering, University of Aberdeen
- Associate Faculty, University College Cork (UCC)
- Chair, 2014 Business Intelligence in Higher Education
- Chair, 2014 Data Quality Asia Pacific Forum
- Data Management Solutions Review 2017 "Top 10 Data Management Influencers on Twitter"
- Information Management Magazine, 2012 "Top 12 Data Governance Gurus to Follow on Twitter"
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
24 April 2023Over 100 Data and Analytics Predictions Through 2028
28 March 2023Top Trends in Data and Analytics, 2023
13 March 2023CDAO Agenda 2023: Presence, Persistence and Performance
- 31 July 2023 - 01 August 2023 Data & Analytics Summit
- 06 November 2023 - 09 November 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.