Kelly Calhoun Williams
9 years at Gartner, 35 years industry experience
Location: CA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Dr. Kelly J. Calhoun Williams is a Vice President Analyst in Gartner Research, where she concentrates on education, primarily in the K-12 (elementary/secondary) and higher education sectors, supporting Gartner clients globally. Dr. Calhoun Williams supports end users (CIOs, CTOs, technology and executive leadership) with a broad array of strategy and technology challenges. She also supports vendor clients wanting insight and assistance with achieving success in the education marketplace through effective messaging and product differentiation. Dr. Calhoun Williams focuses her research and advisory support on delivering results that matter most to the organization, which simultaneously leads to success for the CIO.
Prior to joining Gartner, Dr. Calhoun Williams served nearly 25 years in public education industry, most recently as the Chief Technology/Information Officer of the Santa Clara County Office of Education, an educational service agency serving more than 265,000 public education students in the Silicon Valley, as well as providing community college support. In addition to this work, she has served as Adjunct Faculty with the University of Southern California and San Diego State University, where she helped teach and develop curriculum in educational technology and coursework for future chief business officers. She also served as the Director of Educational Technology and Information Systems for the Folsom Cordova Unified School District in Sacramento County, California, serving 17,000 K-12 students.
- Cajon Valley Union School District, Curriculum Coordinator and Teacher, 9 years
- Folsom Cordova Unified School District, Director of Educational Technology and Information Systems, 11 years
- Santa Clara County Office of Education, Chief Information Technology Officer/Asst. Superintendent, 5 years
- B.A., cum laude, Telecommunications and Film, San Diego State University, California
- Ed.D., Organizational Leadership, University of La Verne, California
- M.A., Curriculum and Instruction, San Diego State University, California
- Scholarship from Harcourt
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
12 May 2023The Transitioning Executive Leader’s First 100 Days
11 May 2023The Future of K-12 Education: Vision 2028
03 May 20235 Common Pitfalls to Avoid in a Leadership Transition
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.