8 years at Gartner, 28 years industry experience
Location: ON Canada | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Adam Ronthal is a Research VP in Gartner's ITL Data and Analytics group with a primary focus on database management systems, technologies and strategies. Mr. Ronthal's areas of specialization include both operational- and data-warehousing-focused use cases, cloud, and financial governance for cloud. Mr. Ronthal joined Gartner in January 2015 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Ronthal was the technical marketing lead for IBM's new cloud-based data warehousing offering - dashDB. He also had key roles in product marketing and strategy for the PureData System for Analytics (Netezza) and served as a competitive analyst covering data warehousing vendors.
- CiRBA, Sr. Product Specialist and MIS Manager, 3 years
- IBM, Senior Technical Marketing Analyst, 4 years
- Netezza, Technical Account Manager, 4 years
- B.A., Ethics, Politics and Economics, Yale University
- 2009 American Business Award (Stevie) for Support Department of the Year
- 2010 American Business Award (Stevie) for Netezza Technical Account Management Team
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
25 May 2023How to Use Real-Time and Right-Time Database Analytics
16 May 2023Innovation Insight: Cloud DBMS Must Interoperate With Ecosystems and Fabrics
14 April 2023How to Understand Cloud DBMS Pricing Models
- 31 July 2023 - 01 August 2023 Data & Analytics Summit
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.