Distinguished VP Analyst
7 years at Gartner, 28 years industry experience
Location: CA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Jim Hare is a Distinguished Vice President for Gartner's Product Management practice in the Technology and Service Provider Research and Advisory group. Mr. Hare has 23 years of experience in senior product marketing, product management, business development and strategic alliance roles. His areas of specialization include AI, data science, and analytics & business intelligence (BI). He advises tech providers on how to best adapt their product and go-to-market strategy to changes in market forces, emerging competitive threats and buyer dynamics.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Hare built and drove the data and analytics go-to-market strategy at several startups and large to midsize software providers.
- Actian, Senior Director, Product Marketing, 2 years
- Cognos, VP, Product Marketing and Business Development, 3 years
- IBM, Marketing Director, 5 years
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder
- M.S., System Management, University of Southern California
- SAE Wright Brothers Award for Meritorious Service
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
28 September 2022Forecast: Enterprise Application Software, Worldwide, 2020-2026, 3Q22 Update
28 September 2022Quick Answer: What Must Product Managers New to AI Know?
22 September 2021Risk and Opportunity Index: Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms