8 years at Gartner, 32 years industry experience
Location: NJ USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Sid Nag is a Vice President in the Technology and Service Provider group at Gartner, focused on cloud services and cloud technologies from the vendor, service provider as well as the buyer perspective. Mr. Nag's areas of focus include public cloud, hybrid cloud, multicloud, CIPS, cloud trends, cloud market insights, cloud product strategy, cloud marketing strategy, cloud go to market, multicloud management services, cloud migration, cloud managed services, cloud networking and hyperscale edge. Among other cloud-related coverage, he provides thought leadership for the Gartner public-cloud market share and the public-cloud forecast research programs. He is a member of the Gartner Cloud Leadership Council. Mr. Nag is Gartner's most widely quoted analyst in the press including Wall Street Journal, Forbes and Bloomberg. Mr. Nag is currently the Gartner Vendor Lead Analyst (VLA) for Dell and co-VLA for Google.
Mr. Nag came to Gartner from Dell, where he held the role of Senior Director of Enterprise Strategy, driving strategic direction for initiatives with major technology and alliance partners as well as global system integrator for cloud, virtualization and integrated systems. While at Dell, he also spent two years as Senior Director of Product Management and Marketing for Cloud Services and Networking Consulting Services. Prior to joining Dell, he spent six years at Cisco in various leadership roles, focused on competitive strategy, business development and technology sales. During his career, he was the Founder and CEO of Prominence Networks, a startup focused on software-defined networking and collaboration technologies. He took Prominence to an exit after seven years, resulting in the sale of the company. Mr. Nag started his career at AT&T Bell Labs, where he held various leadership roles in engineering, research and business development.
- Cisco, Sr. Manager Competitive Strategy, Sales, 6 years
- Dell, Sr. Director of Enterprise Strategy, Partners and Alliances, 5 years
- Prominence Networks, Founder, CEO and Chairman, 7 years
- B.S., Engineering, IIT Bombay
- M.S., Computer Science, Penn State
- Chair of the Services Management IETF group from 1997 to 2004.
- Gartner's most widely quoted analyst in the press for 2019.
- Holds 12 issued patents in the networking and cloud space.
- Member of the Gartner Cloud Leadership Council.
- Recipient of Gartner 2016 Thought Leadership Award for Cloud.
- Recognized industry speaker at forums such as Garner Technology and Growth Initiative Conference, Gartner Cloud Strategies Conference, Cloud Expo, Dell EMC World, VMworld and Cisco Live.
- Selected in the AR Insights/ARchitect "Power 100 analyst" worldwide list for 2019.
- Selected in the AR Insights/ARchitect Top 10 analyst in the "Power 100 analyst" worldwide list for 2020 and 2021.