VP, Team Manager
8 years at Gartner, 13 years industry experience
Location: Australia | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Thomas O'Connor is a Vice President Team Manager leading the Supply Chain - Consumer Retail Team. His team researches and advises clients on a wide range of industry focused topics including: supply chain strategy, industry trends, digital commerce, packaging, sustainability, returns and more. He also leads Gartner Supply Chain's coverage of the Asia-Pacific region. He is based out of Sydney, Australia.
Mr. O'Connor has 20 years of business experience, with more than a decade focused on the retail supply chain. Prior to joining Gartner in 2015, he worked on numerous regional and global initiatives at luxury goods leader Louis Vuitton and has direct experience in supply chain leadership, e-commerce design and implementation, store operations, ERP implementation and configuration, sales and operations planning, logistics management, and service analytics. Before entering the world of luxury he was a business leader and engineer in the construction industry.
- Louis Vuitton, Supply Chain Manager, Australia and New Zealand, 5 years
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management, Ecole Centrale Paris University, France
- Combined Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Business, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Executive M.B.A., University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- 2018 Research and Advisory Outstanding Thought Leader (Supply Chain)
- 2021 Research and Advisory Spirit of Generosity (All R&A Winner)
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
15 March 2023The Future of Supply Chain for Food and Beverage Manufacturers — 2023 Report
08 December 2021The Gartner Supply Chain Podcast: Drive Customer Value Through Culture and Insights
14 November 2022CFO Podcast: Emerging Supply Chain Risks, Opportunities and Innovations, With Thomas O’Connor
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.