7 years at Gartner, 32 years industry experience
Location: USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Melissa Davis is a Vice President, Analyst. Ms. Davis advises clients on the use of customer analytics to improve the customer experience and deliver business value for digital commerce, marketing, sales and customer service business processes and across the customer journey. She covers customer analytics strategies, trends and technologies.
Previously, Ms. Davis was a brand CIO for a large outdoor apparel company where she launched a customer analytics strategy in addition to developing technology strategies aligned with business objectives. She has a background in customer analytics, digital, retail, customer relationship management (CRM), and enterprise resource planning (ERP) technologies. Ms. Davis has experience across several industries including airline, technology, telecommunications, and apparel and retail. Awards: 2018 Gartner Personal Leadership - Spirit of Generosity, IT Leaders & Tech Professionals (ITLTP) Practice
- Lumen Technologies (formerly Qwest Communications), Web Channel Manager - E-Commerce, 2 years
- SAP America, Practice Principal - CRM Competency Center, 5 years
- VF Corporation, Director Business Technology and Brand CIO - The North Face, JanSport & lucy, 8 years
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Maryland, College Park
- M.B.A., Information Systems, University of Colorado, Boulder
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
24 March 2023Quick Answer: How Do CDAOs and CTOs Build Collaborative Relationships to Drive Business Value?
14 March 2023Survey Analysis: Culture, Maturity and Leadership Influence D&A Success
13 March 2023CDAO Agenda 2023: Presence, Persistence and Performance
- 08 May 2023 - 09 May 2023 Data & Analytics Summit
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.