6 years at Gartner, 14 years industry experience
Location: NJ USA | Language(s): English, Indian - Hindi, Indian - Marathi, Indian - Tamil
Roles and Responsibilities
Chirag Dekate is a VP, Analyst at Gartner, where his research focus is on providing strategic advice to CIOs and IT leaders on Operational AI Systems, Scaling from AI Pilots into Production across a Hybrid and Multicloud Context, with an emphasis on AI (machine learning and deep learning) infrastructures, quantum technologies (quantum computing, quantum sensing, quantum networking), high-performance computing, and advanced analytics infrastructures (quantum computing, neuromorphic, GPUs and beyond). Dr. Dekate's coverage areas include MLOps, Operational AI Systems, Quantum Technologies (Quantum Computing, Quantum Sensing, Quantum Networking), Design Patterns and Hybrid Multicloud Infrastructures to Productize Enterprise AI, Advanced Systems and Accelerator Architectures (GPUs, Neuromorphic, DNN ASIC and beyond). Dr. Dekate has in-depth expertise in Advanced Analytics and high-performance computing, quantum computing, technical computing simulations, extreme scale graph processing and future of compute infrastructures. He has rich experience in strategy development and execution from vendor ecosystems, having led multiple successful campaigns and product launches.
Before joining Gartner, Dr. Dekate led strategy development and execution for WW commercial HPC vertical markets including financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, earth sciences and more. Prior to that, Dr. Dekate was a Research Manager at IDC, covering HPC, big data and cloud computing, where he managed HPC quarterly tracking and strategic consulting engagements with vendors, end users and governments.
- Center for Computation and Technology, LSU, HPC Researcher, 4 years
- DDN Storage, Sr. Manager, WW Commercial HPC Verticals, 2 years
- IDC, Research Manager, HPC and Big Data, 3 years
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Louisiana State University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Computer Science (HPC, Exascale Computing, Execution Models, Extreme Scale Graph Processing), Louisiana State University
- Master of Science, System Science (Grid and Cloud Computing), Louisiana State University
- Gartner Inquiry Excellence Award 2017
- Research Excellence Award (Center for Computation and Technology) 2006