VP, Team Manager
7 years at Gartner, 36 years' experience
Location: Italy | Language(s): English, Italian
Roles and Responsibilities
Scot MacLellan is a Vice President and Team Manager in Gartner's Technology and Service Provider research organization. His team's research provides insight to product managers in cloud markets such as IaaS, PaaS and related cloud IT services.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. MacLellan had a notable career with IBM, in various technical and management positions. His most recent role was that of IBM Distinguished Engineer, an executive level role in which he led the technical strategy and development of cloud and data center automation products and technologies.
- BP, Mainframe Systems Programmer, 4 years
- IBM, Distinguished Engineer, 25 years
- B.S. (Hons.), Physics, University of Glasgow
- Elected to IBM Academy of Technology, 2010
- Fellow of the British Computer Society, 2009
- IBM Master Inventor, 2007