6 years at Gartner, 17 years industry experience
Location: MI USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Mike Ramsey is a Vice President, Analyst, in Gartner's CIO Research Group and is a Key Initiative Leader for Manufacturing Digital Transformation and Innovation. Mr. Ramsey covers smart mobility and the evolution of the automotive and transportation industries, including digital ecosystems, the rise of vehicle autonomy, connected vehicles, new business models, advanced technologies and the monetization of connected vehicle data.
Mr. Ramsey spent more than a decade covering the automotive industry through its most tumultuous period since the Great Depression. He wrote about the rise of the electric vehicle and vehicle autonomy and the rapidly changing group of businesses that are contributing to the industry.
- Bloomberg, Automotive Reporter, 4 years
- The Wall Street Journal, Automotive Reporter, 6 years
- Bachelor of Science, Journalism, Ohio University
- Society of Professional Journalists: Automotive Reporting Excellence Award 2013, 2015
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
06 September 2022Emerging Tech Impact Radar: Autonomous Vehicles, 2022
19 August 2022Quick Answer: Avoid 3 Digitalization Blind Spots by Understanding Digital Equity
25 July 2022Hype Cycle for Transportation and Smart Mobility, 2022
- 05 January 2022 The Gartner Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2022: Manufacturing