6 years at Gartner, 14 years industry experience
Location: Netherlands | Language(s): Dutch, English
Roles and Responsibilities
Bart Willemsen is a VP Analyst with focus on all privacy-related challenges in an international context, as well as on ethics and the intersection with technology and digital society. He is a Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP) with a broad and in-depth history of experience across industries. With detailed knowledge of privacy worldwide, he is a data protection advocate with a firm drive to help organizations generate value and seize the discipline's opportunities in both strategy and tactics. Certified in both the security and privacy areas (CISM, CISA, CIPP/E, and CIPM), and with FIP accreditation, Mr. Willemsen brings broad, multidisciplinary knowledge and best practices to his clients.
Mr. Willemsen's previous job responsibility included implementing, auditing and overseeing integral privacy and security programs and compliance strategies for holding companies and their subsidiaries. He has worked for over 13 years at various international businesses, and was a (Chief) Privacy and Security Officer. He represented multiple companies as a member in the Dutch National PT Board working party for information management and the privacy workgroup and was involved in consultation rounds for previous (European) data protection legislation.
- Connexxion , Privacy and Security Officer, 11 years
- Transdev , Privacy Officer, Security Officer, 2 years
- B.A., (B-ICT) Business Informatics, Information Security, Wageningen and EPBS
- B.A., (B-ICT) IT Management, E3 Maastricht
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
13 September 2021Building Effective Data Classification and Handling Documents
06 September 2022Brave New Worlds: Tapestry of Trends 2022 by Gartner Futures Lab
11 August 2022State of Privacy: The Privacy Tech Driving a New Age of Data Wealth
- 03 December 2020 Panel Discussion: 2021 Post-US Election Strategy – Risk and Opportunities for the C-Suite
- 18 May 2022 Gartner Panel: Public Sector Privacy Best Practices to Build Citizen Trust