Sr Director Analyst
7 years at Gartner, 22 years industry experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Ian Cox is a Senior Director, Analyst with Gartner's CIO research team.Mr Cox's coverage areas include strategic planning, IT operating models, board communication and the Office of the CIO. Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Cox worked as an independent advisor to boards and executives across a range of industries covering subjects including strategy, digital transformation and the role of the CIO and IT. He is also a columnist for CIO Magazine and is the author of two books, Digital Uncovered and Disrupt IT. Before becoming an independent advisor, he held CIO positions at several companies and developed a reputation for leading and transforming IT functions, services and platforms in complex environments with a focus on creating, aligning and driving business and IT strategies.
In Mr. Cox's previous role, his main focus areas were: Advising boards and CIOs CIO mentor Author of Disrupt IT and Digital Uncovered Columnist for CIO magazine Keynote speaker Nonexec. advisor
- Axin, Board and CIO Advisor, 5 years
- May Gurney, Director of Information Systems, 4 years
- Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Interim IT Director, 1 year
- B.Sc., with honors, Mathematics with Actuarial Studies, University of Southampton
- M.Sc., Applied Statistics and Operational Research, Birkbeck College, University of London
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.