6 years at Gartner, 35 years industry experience
Location: OH USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Gregg Siegfried is a VP, Analyst on the IT Monitoring team within Gartner for IT Leaders Research. Mr. Siegfried covers a variety of infrastructure, operations and cloud management topics including DevOps, monitoring and observability. He offers guidance and recommendations to help Gartner clients understand emerging technologies and their impact on application health and performance. He guides clients through assessments and decision points involving cloud native practices and tools, AIOps, site reliability engineering (SRE), CI/CD pipeline orchestration, monitoring, hybrid IT and multicloud.
Before joining Gartner in 2016, Mr. Siegfried held senior-level positions in software development, enterprise architecture, IT strategy and operations, networking and security. He has been leading the implementation and delivery of software as a service (SaaS) applications since 2001, based on a range of platforms including VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Docker. His expertise and perspective have enabled him to act as a catalyst for change and a champion for agile transformation.
- AT&T Wireless Services, Chief Scientist, 8 years
- Language Logic, Director, Platform Engineering, 8 years
- MedPlus, Director, Technology Services, 4 years
- B.A., Computer Science, Ohio Wesleyan University
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Washington
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- Co-Inventor, U.S. Patent No. 6263206.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation certification in IT Service Management