Sr Director, Advisory
18 years at Gartner, 5 years industry experience
Location: Arlington, VA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Jim Mello is a Senior Director concentrating on Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity Management. Jim advises risk and resilience leaders on issues such as functional management, coordination with other assurance functions and risk response. For example, Jim helps organizations monitor and respond to both enterprise risks and emerging risks in order to ensure a high-level of continuous operations. Mr. Mello joined the organization in 2005. Since then, he has helped hundreds of organizations become more efficient, reduce costs, and improve their processes. For example, Jim often helps organizations create an ERM program or new resilience function. He advises organizations on Business Continuity Management topics such as Business Impact Analysis and Table Top exercises. Jim also facilitates a regular meeting of Business Continuity Management leaders. Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Mello was a process engineer for an automaker. He has also worked as an independent consultant, financial engineer, and capital markets participant for high-frequency financial markets trading organizations.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Mello was a process engineer for an automaker. He has also worked as an independent consultant, financial engineer and capital markets participant for high-frequency financial markets trading organizations.
- BREAKWATER CAPITAL LLC, Financial Engineer, Foreign Exchange and Bond Hedge Trader, 2 years
- Chrysler Corporation, Process Engineer, 5 years
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, The University of Michigan
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- In 2021, Mr. Mello was awarded Gartner's highest honor for outstanding performance in a key role. This was in response to his support of clients during the COVID-19 Pandemic. His pandemic research and insights supported thousands of Gartner clients on topics like preparedness, return to work, and vaccination management.
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.