Distinguished VP Analyst
6 years at Gartner, 33 years industry experience
Location: IL USA | Language(s): English, French
Roles and Responsibilities
Erick Brethenoux is a Key Initiative leader in the AI team, responsible for managing the research agenda for AI. He specializes in machine learning, artificial intelligence and applied cognitive computing. Mr. Brethenoux guides organizations on the strategic, organizational and technology aspects of using advanced analytics as a driving force of their growth. In particular, his research focuses on the deployment of machine learning insights through integration with advanced analytics solutions, data science and next-generation, decision-making and management systems (decision intelligence).
Mr. Brethenoux has extensive experience in the domains of AI, data science and cognitive computing. Prior to rejoining Gartner, he was IBM Director of Machine Learning & Analytics Strategy. Prior to IBM, he was VP of Corporate Development at SPSS, pioneer in predictive analytics, and before that VP at Lazard Freres, working with institutional investors, analyzing startups for venture capital funding and merger and acquisition activities. Before Lazard, Mr. Brethenoux was Research Director of Advanced Technologies at Gartner focusing on decision support systems, knowledge management and advanced software engineering. Prior to Gartner, he conducted a scientific mission for the French Embassy in the U.S. Mr. Brethenoux is also currently an Adjunct Professor at Illinois Institute of Technology.
- IBM, Director, Business Analytics & Decision Management Strategy, 8 years
- Lazard, Vice President, 8 years
- SPSS, Vice President, Corporate Development, 5 years
- M.S., Artificial Intelligence, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Ph.D., Cognitive Science, University of Delaware
- Adjunct Professor, Stuart School of Business, Illinois Institute of Technology
- TED presentation, September 2014 - Emotional Analytics
- Visiting Teaching Fellowship, Polytechnic Engineering School of Gabon