6 years at Gartner, 28 years industry experience
Location: FL USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Vice President Analyst on the Gartner Healthcare Industry research team, Mandi Bishop supports CIOs in developing IT strategies to advance stability, growth and digital transformation in a rapidly evolving market. Ms. Bishop leads the Healthcare and Life Science Digital Transformation & Innovation research key initiative. Her research agenda is focused on transformation to health value management business models, healthcare administration modernization and automation, as well as health equity and social determinants of health analytics that inform integrated health and social network operations. Key technologies and capabilities that align to her coverage include clinical data integration (CDI) using emerging HL7 FHIR interoperability standards and payment integrity solutions for payers. She addresses digital business strategy, hyperautomation (from RPA to AI-enabled automation) and community resource network management (CRNM) across industry sectors.
Ms. Bishop led the Dell Services (now NTT Data) Health Plan Analytics Innovation practice, where she advised payer executives on achieving business transformation through enterprise data and analytics. At the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, she managed the Blue Health Intelligence and Inter-Plan Performance data warehouses. For Florida Blue, she established the Delivery System Informatics and Clinical Data Integration programs. She brings significant additional experience and perspective to her payer coverage from the work she has done supporting provider organizations with IT and data initiatives.
- Baptist Health System, Consultant, Health Information Exchange Platform Integration, 2 years
- Dell Services, Practice Lead, Health Plan Analytics Innovation and Consulting, 2 years
- Florida Blue, Consultant, Information Management and Delivery System Informatics, 5 years
- Master of Arts, Rhetoric and Composition, Florida State University
- Ms. Bishop is a renowned healthcare speaker and author who earned Gartner's Rookie of the Year Award for 2017 and Outstanding Performance as an Analyst in 2021. She has served as an Industry Ambassador to Americas Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) and the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and was twice named One of the Most Powerful Women in Healthcare IT by Health Data Management magazine.
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
11 January 2023Quick Answer: Factors Affecting U.S. Race and Ethnicity Data Quality in Healthcare and Life Sciences
22 December 2021Quick Answer: Use FHIR to Jump-Start Clinical Data Integration for U.S. Healthcare Payers
12 December 2022Predicts 2023: U.S. Healthcare Payers Entering Ecosystem-Centric Era