Sr Director Analyst
5 years at Gartner, 25 years industry experience
Location: Germany | Language(s): English, German
Roles and Responsibilities
Rene Buest is a Senior Director, Analyst in Gartner's Technology and Services Provider (T&SP) organization. His primary research coverage is the broader cloud services market. He mainly covers cloud IT services, cloud professional services, cloud managed services, cloud computing, cloud IaaS, infrastructure services, digital operations and digital business. Mr. Buest advisory services assist technology and service provider leaders of cloud providers and IT services providers with portfolio and marketing strategies to find the right product/ market fit and positioning in the market. He brings over 20 years of experience for business development, go-to-market strategies and technology marketing.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Buest served as a Director of Technology Research at Arago. In this role, he was responsible for market research, market intelligence, analyst relations and technology evangelism within the intelligent automation market. Prior to this role, his experience included 3 years at Crisp Research, where he served as a Senior Analyst and the Cloud Practice Lead. While at Crisp, he was in charge of directing research agenda for cloud computing, IT infrastructure, IT platforms and Internet of Things. His experience also included go-to-market strategies, business development, competitor analysis and competitive strategies.
- Arago, Director of Technology Research, 1 year
- Crisp Research, Senior Analyst and Cloud Practice Lead, 3 years
- New Age Disruption, Founder and Principal Analyst, 5 years
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- M.S., IT Management and Information Systems
- Judge of Best in Cloud 2014
- Judge of Best in Cloud 2015
- Judge of EMEA Cloud Climbers 2017
- Top 10 Author 2016, IDG Expert Network Germany
- Top 10 Author 2017, IDG Expert Network Germany