5 years at Gartner, 21 years industry experience
Location: USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Michael Chiu is a Vice President, Analyst at Gartner focused on customer experience (CX) for IT leaders. Mr. Chiu researches on best practices, strategy, planning, management and measurement in terms of CX, and works with clients to identify and launch initiatives to enhance their CX. He also helps clients use management tools like customer journey maps, personas, voice-of-the-customer research, surveys and strategic plans to determine how their CX can generate higher satisfaction, loyalty and advocacy.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Chiu started and ran a consulting firm centered on customer analytics and insights, market research surveys, and business planning. Previously, he held business operations and analysis roles at Yahoo!, News Corp., Capital One and AOL.
- EdgePeak Consulting, Founder and Managing Director, 6 years
- IGN Entertainment (News Corp.), Vice President, Planning, Analysis and Finance, 2 years
- Yahoo!, Director, Business Operations, 3 years
- B.A., Psychology and Managerial Studies, Rice University, Houston, Texas
- M.B.A., University of California, Berkeley
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
09 May 2023Quick Answer: My Customer Journey Map Is Done — What Do I Do With It Next?
01 May 2023Presentation Slides: What the Best CX Organizations Do Differently
21 April 2023Video: How Do I Develop a Customer-Centric Culture Using Culture ‘Hacks’?
- 16 October 2023 - 19 October 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
- 06 November 2023 - 09 November 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.