Sr Director Analyst
4 years at Gartner, 4 years industry experience
Location: NJ USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
John Blake is a Senior Research Director in the Consumer Retail team. John covers packaging, artwork and labeling in Gartner Supply Chain Research. He specializes in consumer and industrial packaging innovation and development process, packaging trends, packaging organization and talent management, packaging strategy across sustainability and e-commerce, IP, growth and cost optimization. He covers specification data management, label and artwork management vendors and best practices.
Prior to joining Gartner in 2018, Mr. Blake was held leadership roles in Mondelez International's global packaging organization where he was the Packaging Productivity Platform Lead and Associate Director Packaging for the Global Biscuit category. His career spans 25 years in many roles across packaging development from project execution to packaging strategic leadership in the food and consumer packaged goods sectors. He has extensive global experience in team and project management, packaging organizational structures, establishing packaging strategic plans, leading long-term research programs, and managing the successful launch of new and innovative packaging and new product introductions.
- Kraft Foods, Section Manager Packaging Research and Development, 15 years
- Mondelez International, Packaging Productivity Platform Lead/Associate Director Global Biscuit Packaging, 5 years
- United Parcel Service, Account Executive/Packaging Lab Supervisor, 5 years
- Bachelor of Science, Packaging Science, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Masters of Business Administration, Sacred Heart University
- 11 US Patents; Container with corner handle, Snap re-closure for a container, Circular plastic coffee container with handle, Container with corner handle (3), Container with handle on one side, Plastic coffee container with handle, Plastic coffee container for auto loading, Carton configured for auto loading, Carry bag convertible into an envelope
- Adjunct Professor Rutgers School of Package Engineering