5 years at Gartner, 5 years industry experience
Location: OH USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Ryan Polk is Research Director supporting Chief Procurement Officers and their leadership teams on procurement transformation journeys. Ryan's research interests include procurement strategic planning, the future of procurement, category management and supplier management.
At CACI Inc., Mr. Polk was responsible for the procurement of professional services in support of projects at multiple civilian, defense and intelligence government agencies. As Category Management Lead, he developed, implemented and grew CACI's Category Management team to manage over $500M in annual spend. During his tenure at CACI, Mr, Polk also served as a professional staff member of the congressionally mandated Section 809 Panel. In this role, he researched contract audit and supply chain risk management best practices to make policy, regulatory and statutory recommendations to the U.S. Congress that enable speed and agility in defense procurement.
- CACI Inc. - Federal, Category Management Lead, 5 years
- Section 809 Panel, Research Analyst , 2 years
- Bachelor's of Science in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Bowling Green State University
- Contract Management Leadership Development Program (CMLDP) Graduate
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
10 March 2022Procurement Leader’s Role in Helping Staff Collect Category Intelligence
10 March 2022Quick Answer: How to Help Staff Pick Category Strategy Metrics Aligned to Business Goals
10 March 2022How To Resource and Categorize Indirect Spend When Launching Category Management
- 08 May 2023 - 10 May 2023 Supply Chain Symposium/Xpo
- 05 June 2023 - 07 June 2023 Supply Chain Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.