Sr Director Analyst
4 years at Gartner, 27 years industry experience
Location: MD USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Jonathan Forest is an Analyst within Gartner's Information Technology Leaders team, focusing on Infrastructure and Operations with respect to enterprise networking. Mr. Forest primarily performs research and advises on SD-WAN, virtualization, managed network services, application performance, LAN/WLAN, migration to the cloud, connecting to the cloud, data center, cloud networking and managed network services/NaaS. Mr. Forest is also the Key Initiative Leader for Data Center Infrastructure where he drives the strategic content. Before joining Gartner, Mr. Forest led product management, strategy, service management, and product marketing for managed network service providers and software vendors. He has experience in SD-WAN, MPLS, internet, cloud, virtualization, wireless, WiFi, satellite communications, broadband, UC, security and WAN optimization.
Mr. Forest ran product management and product marketing for an Application Optimization/SD WAN vendor. In this role, he managed the roadmap as far as features and timing, pricing, market positioning, market strategy, and field support with customers and channels. His role was global, so his team was located in the U.S. and Europe. Hence, he has international experience with customers, vendors and channel partners.
- Accel Networks, Vice President, Business Development and Product Management, 2 years
- Hughes Network Systems, Senior Director, Premium Services Management, 10 years
- InfoVista, Vice President, Enterprise Products and Markets, 2 years
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, University of Wisconsin
- M.B.A., International Business, University of Maryland
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
22 November 2022Predicts 2023: XaaS Is Transforming Data Center Infrastructure
11 November 2022Midmarket Context: Magic Quadrant for SD-WAN
21 October 2022Forecast Analysis: Secure Access Service Edge, Worldwide
- 06 December 2022 - 08 December 2022 IT Infrastructure, Operations and Cloud Strategies Conference