5 years at Gartner, 17 years industry experience
Location: China | Language(s): Chinese - Mandarin, English
Roles and Responsibilities
Dr. Daniel Sun is a member of Gartner CIO Research team and the core topic leader of Evolving Business Models and Ecosystems. His primary research domains include digital transformation, digital business model innovation, digital platforms and ecosystems, IT operating model design, IT organizational design, business and IT alignment, composable business, and digital product management. He spends 70-80% of his interaction time with CIOs and the rest with business executives (e.g., CEOs, COOs, and CFOs).
Prior to Gartner, He worked as the digital transformation expert in SAP, head of consulting in IDC, and Country General Manager in B2B International. He has also got several year's experience in AI software development. His doctoral study explores how big data analytics capabilities can drive value proposition innovation and ultimately improve business performance in Financial Industries.
- B2B International, China General Manager, 3 years
- IDC, Head of Consulting, Associate Vice President, 4 years
- SAP, Industry Digital Transformation Expert, 1 year
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Tianjin University
- Doctor in Business Administration - DBA, Universite Paris Dauphine - PSL
- M.B.A., Alliance Manchester Business School
- Masters in Software Engineering, Tianjin University
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
31 January 2023A Visual Guide to Digital Ecosystems
20 January 2023Innovation Ecosystems Are the Right Way to Innovate in a Downturn
06 December 2022Infographic: Top Priorities, Technologies and Challenges in China for 2023