5 years at Gartner, 17 years industry experience
Location: China | Language(s): Chinese - Mandarin, English
Roles and Responsibilities
Dr. Daniel Sun is a member of Gartner CIO Research team and the core topic leader of Foster Technology Enabled Innovation. He is also the Greater China Regional Lead for research. His primary research domains include digital transformation, business model innovation, digital platforms, innovation ecosystems, IT operating model design, IT organizational design, business and IT alignment, composable business, and digital product management. He spends 60-70% of his interaction time with CIOs and the rest with business executives (e.g., CEOs, COOs, and CFOs).
Prior to Gartner, He worked as the digital transformation expert in SAP, head of consulting in IDC, and Country General Manager in B2B International. He has also got several year's experience in AI software development. His doctoral study explores how big data analytics capabilities can drive value proposition innovation and ultimately improve business performance in Financial Industries.
- B2B International, China General Manager, 3 years
- IDC, Head of Consulting, Associate Vice President, 4 years
- SAP, Industry Digital Transformation Expert, 1 year
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Tianjin University
- Doctor in Business Administration - DBA, Universite Paris Dauphine - PSL
- M.B.A., Alliance Manchester Business School
- Masters in Software Engineering, Tianjin University
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
31 May 2023Empower Business Technologists to Carry Out Microinnovations
10 May 2023Maverick Research: In the Digital World, Data Will Be Traded Like Stocks
02 May 2023Use Value-Investing Principles to Prioritize Technology Innovation Investments
- 11 September 2023 - 13 September 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.