5 years at Gartner, 27 years industry experience
Location: USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Nat Smith is a Vice President security analyst in the Technology and Service Provider (TSP) division of Gartner, researching emerging technology and trends (ETT) for technology product leaders. Mr. Smith researches technology, markets and trends impacting network security especially artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). This focus includes secure access services edge (SASE), network detection and response (NDR), network firewalls, firewall-as-a-service (FWaaS), secure web gateways (SWG), zero trust network access (ZTNA), microsegmentation, advanced threats and cloud security. He has more than 20 years of tech experience in product leadership positions with security, networking and communications vendors including AT&T, Fortinet, Intel, McAfee, Riverbed, Symantec and T-Mobile.
Mr. Smith has previously worked in the fields of product management, product marketing and business development.
- Fortinet, Director Management and Analytics, 1 year
- McAfee, Director Global Product Solutions, 5 years
- Symantec (Packeteer-Blue Coat), Sr. Product Manager, 3 years
- B.S., Physics, Psychology and Chemistry, Brigham Young University
- M.B.A., Marriott School, Brigham Young University
- Certified Information Systems Security Profession (CISSP)
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
30 December 2022Market Share: Enterprise Network Equipment by Market Segment, Worldwide, 3Q22
21 December 2022Forecast: Information Security and Risk Management, Worldwide, 2020-2026, 4Q22 Update
14 December 2022Market Guide for Network Detection and Response