5 years at Gartner, 27 years industry experience
Location: USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Nat Smith is a Vice President security analyst in the Technology and Service Provider (TSP) division of Gartner, researching emerging technology and trends (ETT) for technology product leaders. Mr. Smith researches technology, markets and trends impacting network security especially artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). This focus includes secure access services edge (SASE), network detection and response (NDR), network firewalls, firewall-as-a-service (FWaaS), security services edge (SSE), secure web gateways (SWG), zero trust network access (ZTNA), zero trust, advanced threats and cloud security. He has more than 20 years of tech experience in product leadership positions with security, networking and communications vendors including AT&T, Fortinet, Intel, McAfee, Riverbed, Symantec and T-Mobile.
Mr. Smith has previously worked in the fields of product management, product marketing and business development.
- Fortinet, Director Management and Analytics, 1 year
- McAfee, Director Global Product Solutions, 5 years
- Symantec (Packeteer-Blue Coat), Sr. Product Manager, 3 years
- B.S., Physics, Psychology and Chemistry, Brigham Young University
- M.B.A., Marriott School, Brigham Young University
- Certified Information Systems Security Profession (CISSP)
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
19 May 2023Emerging Tech: Thriving Amid the Triple Squeeze — Critical Insights on VC Funding for Cloud Security
18 May 2023Market Share: Security Software, Worldwide, 2022
12 May 2023Emerging Technology Horizon for Cloud Computing, 2022
- 05 June 2023 - 07 June 2023 Security & Risk Management Summit
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.