5 years at Gartner, 26 years industry experience
Location: ID USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
John Watts works in Research Infrastructure Protection with primary coverage of Security Service Edge (SSE), Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), Zero Trust strategy and implementation. John also covers security operations topics such as the evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, Cyber Asset and Attack Surface Management (CAASM) and External Attack Surface Management (EASM).
Prior to this, Mr. Watts built a security engineering and operations team from scratch focused on preventative security controls. He designed security solutions including network segmentation, intrusion prevention systems, cloud-based proxy controls, firewalls, enterprise mobility management, data loss prevention, identity and access management systems including SAML and OAuth/OpenID Connect, client and server antivirus, PCI and SOX compliance controls, and cloud security (SaaS and IaaS).
- Greenbrier and Russel, Senior Consultant, 3 years
- Micron Technology, Sr. Manager IT/Lead Enterprise Security Architect, 12 years
- Southwest Airlines, Software Architect, 4 years
- B.B.A., Information Systems and International Business, Cum Laude, Baylor University
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
04 May 2023Where Do I Start With SASE Evaluations: SD-WAN, SSE, Single-Vendor SASE, or Managed SASE?
17 April 2023Critical Capabilities for Security Service Edge
13 April 20232023 Strategic Roadmap for Zero Trust Security Program Implementation
- 26 September 2023 - 28 September 2023 Security & Risk Management Summit
- 16 October 2023 - 19 October 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.