5 years at Gartner, 39 years industry experience
Location: OR USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Jay Hemmady is an Executive Partner with Gartner Executive Programs based in Portland, Oregon. He functions as an adviser to CIOs, C-Level leaders and their leadership teams, guiding them in execution of their strategies, particularly those that rely upon technology. Mr. Hemmady is a passionate champion for innovation and transformation. In his interactions with clients, he relies on his experiences in improving revenue and market share by introducing new e-commerce/SaaS products, reducing cycle-time using agile principles and driving out waste with lean methods.
Prior to Gartner, Mr. Hemmady served in a variety of organizations in the supply chain services, transportation, financial services, high tech and healthcare sectors holding titles such as CIO, CTO, VP Technology and VP Product Development. These roles were at successful, fast-growing organizations that were ultimately acquired by DSV, TD Ameritrade, HSBC and Transcore. Some offered digital products and information services while others leveraged technology for operational excellence, customer satisfaction, competitive advantage and a digitalized future. During his career, Mr. Hemmady has consulted for various Fortune 1000 organizations. He spent his early years at Electronic Data Systems, a pioneer in the IT professional services business, where he developed his consulting and leadership skills.
- Financial Services and Healthcare, C-Level, 5 years
- Information Services and High Tech, C-Level, 8 years
- Supply chain and Logistics, C-Level, 7 years
- B.Tech.,Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology
- M.B.A., Finance and Information Services, Southern Illinois University
- As a member of the Oregon Entrepreneurial Foundation,Â Mr. Hemmady volunteers to help early-stage company founders with their business plans. For theÂ Society of Information Management, he is mentoring new managers as they pursue executive roles.
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.