Sr Director Analyst
5 years at Gartner, 32 years' experience
Location: USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
David Wright is a Research Director in the Infrastructure Strategies team of Gartner for IT Leaders, where he focuses on public, hybrid and distributed cloud infrastructure. His coverage includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), on-premises public cloud offerings and edge cloud platforms. Mr. Wright delivers advice to IT buyers on topics such as public cloud, hybrid, multicloud and cloud edge strategy, cloud sourcing, and cost governance.
With an almost 30 year history in software platforms and partnering, Mr. Wright has led a variety of both technical and business initiatives. For AWS he built and led a team that managed their 100 largest ISV partnerships. At VMware, Mr. Wright led all field partner technical architects, then incubated and grew VMware's Telecom vertical product group. At Microsoft, Mr. Wright served as Worldwide Industry Director for the SaaS ISV sales channel.
- Amazon Web Services, General Manager, Strategic Technology Partnerships, 2 years
- Microsoft, Industry Director, SaaS ISVs, 8 years
- VMware, Inc., VP of Operations, Telco NFV Group, 6 years
- M.B.A., Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
27 September 2023Magic Quadrant for Distributed Hybrid Infrastructure
27 September 2023Tame Data Egress Charges in the Public Cloud
26 September 2023I&O Leaders Must Overcome 3 Fears for Successful Digital Transformation
- 04 December 2023 - 06 December 2023 IT Infrastructure, Operations and Cloud Strategies Conference