Sr Principal Analyst
3 years at Gartner, 5 years industry experience
Location: Fort Myers, FL USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Patrick Long is a Principal Analyst on the Midsize Enterprise (MSE) team, focusing on cybersecurity. Mr. Long works with MSE CIOs and IT Leaders on the foundational elements of cybersecurity as well as applying appropriate, right-sized solutions to an ever-changing threat landscape. Mr. Long also helps MSE CIOs with data and analytics governance and questions around recruiting, reskilling and retaining talent.
In his prior role, Mr. Long worked as a Cybersecurity Analyst at the University of South Florida, where he focused on vulnerability management. In addition to that, he also helped to create and document the day-to-day processes of the security team, leading to better workflows and a more efficient methodology. He was also a member of the Incident Response team where he performed tasks ranging from forensics to remediating phishing, and everything in between.
- United States Air Force, Cryptologic Language Analyst, 4 years
- University of South Florida, Cybersecurity Analyst, 2 years
- Defense Language Institute
- Pasco-Hernando State College
- University of South Florida
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
22 November 20225 Tips to Protect Data for Midsize Enterprise Remote Workers
05 September 2022The Gartner Cybersecurity Business Value Benchmark, First Generation
13 July 2022Midsize Enterprise Video Series (Part 7): How Should We View IT Talent Recruitment, Retention and Reskilling?
- 30 November 2021 Identify and Embrace New Collar Workers to Boost Cybersecurity
- 19 July 2022 Midsize Enterprise CIOs, Close Cybersecurity Skills Gap With the NICE Framework