4 years at Gartner, 18 years' experience
Location: ON Canada | Language(s): Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English
Roles and Responsibilities
Bernard Woo is a Vice President Analyst with a primary focus on data protection/privacy programs, and additional coverage into data discovery and data classification considerations. Mr. Woo holds three privacy-related certifications: Fellow of Information Privacy [FIP], Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada [CIPP] and Certified Information Privacy Manager [CIPM]. In addition, Mr. Woo holds the Lean/Six Sigma Yellow Belt designation and is a licensed Professional Engineer [P.Eng.] in the province of Ontario (Canada). Throughout his career in privacy-related roles, Mr. Woo has excelled at working with stakeholders from various functions (e.g., IT, legal, marketing, security, HR) to devise innovative, efficient solutions that enable organizations to grow and achieve its objectives, while ensuring the protection of individual privacy rights.
Mr. Woo has over 19 years of privacy-related experience across multiple industries in both the private and public sectors. Experienced at embedding "Privacy by Design (PbD)" principles into daily operations, Mr. Woo has expert knowledge in conducting privacy impact assessments, as well as leading privacy risk management and compliance programs in organizations operating in multiple jurisdictions.
- ADP Canada, Director, Privacy Programs Lead, 2 years
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, Senior Manager, Information Access and Privacy Services, 6 years
- Wells Fargo Bank (Canada / Latin America Regions), AVP, Regional Privacy Lead / Canada Branch Privacy Officer, 1 year
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, University of Waterloo
- Masters of Business Administration, Schulich School of Business, York University
- US Patent: Business Application Dialogues Architecture and Toolset (20070143114)