Sr Director Analyst
4 years at Gartner, 26 years industry experience
Location: ON Canada | Language(s): Chinese - Mandarin, Chinese - Shanghaiese (Wu), English
Roles and Responsibilities
Dennis Xu is a Senior Director Analyst with Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) on the Security and Risk Management team. He covers cloud security topics that include Security Service Edge (SSE), Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), Microsoft Office 365 Security, Microsoft Azure Security, CSPM, and CWPP.
Mr. Xu has more than 20 years of experience in the IT security industry across financial, healthcare, telecommunication, managed security service providers. He has served as Director of Cloud Security and developed cloud security strategy and control framework for a large bank. He has worked as a Security Architect and Security Advisor covering AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry, Mobile Security, Micro Segmentation, SIEM, Threat Risk Assessment, Security Reference Architecture.
- 1. RBC Royal Bank, Director Cloud Security, 4 years
- 2. Bank of Nova Scotia, Senior Security Advisor, 1 year
- 3. Health Shared Services Ontario, Security Architect, 2 years
- Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
14 February 2023Security Operations for Technical Professionals Primer for 2023
17 January 2023Adopt Security Service Edge (SSE) to Replace Stand-Alone SWG, CASB and ZTNA Products
10 October 20222023 Planning Guide for Security
- 05 June 2023 - 07 June 2023 Security & Risk Management Summit
- 26 September 2023 - 28 September 2023 Security & Risk Management Summit
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.