Sr Director Analyst
4 years at Gartner, 31 years' experience
Location: FL USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Mark Wesker is a Senior Director within Gartner's Technology and Service Provider (T&SP) organization. Mr. Wesker's research and advisory engagements serve company CEOs, and other members of the C-Suite, as well as product, marketing and sales executives. His advisory services assist companies in aligning products with markets, ecosystems with channels and business models with financing strategies. With a sharp focus on technology, he prioritizes mapping technical strengths to potential market opportunities. He brings 25 years of experience as a high-tech executive in all aspects of the software business. From startups to IPOs to running a public company, his background includes a unique blend of software operations, financing, product/project management and marketing expertise, with particular strength in the gray space representing the intersection of business and technology. Having worked in leadership positions in large and small tech product and services companies, he brings a well-rounded perspective to the challenges associated with succeeding in the technology business. He has written code, managed distributed, onshore and offshore development teams, transitioned a technology services firm into a software product company, raised tens of millions in venture capital, led an IPO road show and put together more desk and cube units than he can remember.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Wesker founded several startups, did an IPO and sold a company to Citrix. He helped Citrix transition from PC to Internet-based products, brought to market one of the first XML-based B2B software products, and has built products in the product and project management space, including support for both agile and hybrid methodologies.
- Citrix, Vice President, Internet Products & Strategy, 1 year
- Sequoia Software, President/COO, 10 years
- Workspace Software, CEO, 5 years
- BA, George Washington University, 1983
- JD, School of Law, University of Baltimore, 1986
- Mr. Wesker served as the Chairman of the Greater Baltimore Technology Council. In addition to presiding over the Board, he helped develop innovative programs that connected member companies with corporate executives to present new ideas and listen to corporate technology challenges. The goal of the program was to breakdown barriers early-stage companies have in connecting with corporate decision makers by facilitating an open, idea-friendly, nonsales environment.
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
12 September 2023A Tech CEO Guide to Company Core Values
07 August 2023Startup Lift: Go Viral to Improve Product-Led Growth Fundraising
25 July 2023Tech CEOs: Do You Need to Hire Your First Product Marketer?