3 years at Gartner, 23 years' experience
Location: NC USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Mark Wah is a VP Analyst in the Technology and Service Provider (TSP) division of Gartner, researching Emerging Technologies and Trends (ETT) for security technology product leaders (tech CEOs, general managers, chief product officers, product managers, and product marketers). Mr. Wah focuses on cloud security which includes Cloud-Native Application Protection Platforms (CNAPP), Cloud Workload Protection Platforms (CWPP), Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), and SaaS Security Posture Management (SSPM). In his capacity at Gartner, he provides security technology product leaders with unique, high-value research and indispensable advice on leveraging emerging security technologies and trends to create and deliver highly successful products and services. He is a co-author of 5 patents in information management and data security, and Pragmatic Marketing certified.
Mr. Wah was in product management and engineering roles with Citrix, IBM Security, RSA, and EMC where he helped develop information management solutions, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Malware Analysis, Managed Security Services solution, and a SaaS-based Content Collaboration Platform.
- Citrix, Senior Manager, Product Management, 4 years
- IBM Security, Senior Product Manager, 2 years
- RSA Security, Senior Product Manager, 6 years
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Master of Computer Science, North Carolina State University
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified
- US 10606901 Data disposition services orchestrated in an information management infrastructure
- US 7,640,345 Information management
- US 8135685 Information Classification
- US 8365247 Identifying whether electronic data under test includes particular information from a database
- US US 9135322 B2 Environment classification