Mark D. McDonald
Sr Director Analyst
2 years at Gartner, 2 years industry experience
Location: MA USA | Language(s): English, German
Roles and Responsibilities
Mark's focus is on the application of advanced AI/ML technologies to financial processes and the long-term implications of these technologies on the organization.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mark spent most of his career at Siemens in a variety of financial, IT and M&A roles in the US and abroad. Most recently, Mark graduated from Harvard Extension with a degree in software engineering with a focus on Data Science including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Previously, Mark served as a business unit controller for an international large equipment manufacturer where he led digital transformation efforts that exposed relevant insights to business performance and supported accurate cash and profit forecasting processes. In other roles, Mark worked on the integration of newly acquired companies into the Siemens administrative landscape and also served as the CIO for the Siemens Mobile Phone business in the USA.
- Primetals Technologies (formerly Siemens Metals), Director, Finance, 4 years
- Siemens Industry, Director, Global Projects/M&A, 5 years
- Siemens Industry, Director, Process Management, 3 years
- Georgia State University, Master of Science, Computer Information Systems
- Harvard University, Masters of Liberal Arts in Extension, Software Engineering
- Iowa State University, B.B.A., Accounting, Minor: German 1992
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
31 March 2022Tool: Finance Citizen Data Scientist Training Plan Template
31 March 2022Accelerate AI Initiatives With a Citizen Data Scientist Skills Program Customized for Finance
22 February 2023Use Artificial Intelligence to Supercharge Your Finance Staff
- 18 September 2023 - 19 September 2023 CFO & Finance Executive Conference
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.