Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Too often, contactless payment systems, whether card-based, mobile device-based or embedded in other tokens, are treated as if they are one payment solution. This couldn't be further from the truth. Banks need to segment their contactless offerings if they are to expect any return on investment.
Table of Contents
The Focus of This Research
- 3.1 Contactless, Not Definitionless
- 3.2 ICMP in Japan
- 3.3 NFC — Hype Obscures Reality
- 3.4 Impact on Banks — Think Local and Multiapplication First
- 3.5 Consumers' Perception: No Natural Interest for Many Consumers
- 3.6 Acquiring Considerations — Speed Overrated
- 3.7 The Octopus Card — No Overnight Success Story
- 1.0 Viewpoint