Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Text analytics is maturing as a technology and beginning to deliver substantial return on investment (ROI) in a growing number of application areas. Organizations need to advance their operational maturity as they scale up the use of text analytics or else run the risk of failing to meet rising user expectations and/or making suboptimal investment decisions. In this guidance document, VP Distinguished Analyst and Gartner Fellow Jamie Popkin shows how a program approach to text analytics is a useful risk-management technique.
Table of Contents
Summary of Findings
- Problem Statement
The Gartner Approach
The Guidance Framework
Phase 1: Understand the ABC's of Text Analytics
Phase 2: Assess the Current State
- Readiness Assessment
- Solution Patterns
- Align with Corporate Objectives
Phase 3: Architect for the Future
- Build Game Plan for Advancement
- Vendor, Product, and Application Landscape
- Functional Differentiators and Architecting for the Future
Phase 4: Measure, Report, Refine
- Identify and Track Key Performance Metrics
- Advertise Success and Socialize Next Steps
- Refine Metrics and Reporting Strategy
- Phase 1: Understand the ABC's of Text Analytics
Risks and Pitfalls