Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
This research summarizes the four most common workload selections using Gartner's Server Evaluation Model, which tracks six server workloads. The four workloads -- Web, application, OLTP DBMS and DW DBMS -- form the extended n-tier pattern used by modern ERP applications.
Table of Contents
The Extended n-Tier Workload
Extended n-Tier Vendor and Platform Selection
- 2.1 Database Tier
- 2.2 Extending the n-Tier Pattern
- 2.3 Web and Application Serving Tiers
- 2.4 Software Stack Influence
- 2.5 SEM6 Currency
ERP Evolution — Homogeneous Versus Hybrid
- 3.1 Homogeneous Legacy of ERP
- 3.2 Role of x86 Servers in New ERP Deployments
- 3.3 Role of Unix and Hybrid Server Combinations in New ERP Deployments
- 3.4 What About the Mainframe?
Role of Virtualization in ERP Deployments
"Right Sizing" Virtualization, Architecture, OS and Software Stack Suitability
- 1.0 The Extended n-Tier Workload