Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Gartner stresses the advantage of using an integrated application. Here, we answer questions about how this differs from using applications composed through the techniques of "application integration" with reference to "modular electronic health records" and accountable care.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know
What Are "Truly Integrated" Applications?
What Are "Interfaced Applications"?
- Are EHR Modules Integrated or Interfaced?
- Are Truly Integrated Applications Superior to Interfaced Applications?
- Given These Problems, Should an HDO Ever Use Interfaced Applications?
- How Should an HDO Evaluate the Trade-Off Between Aftermarket Application Integration and an Integrated Application?
- Does Buying All Applications From the Same Vendor Guarantee They Will Be Truly Integrated?
- How Does SOA Change the Trade-Offs?
- What Are the Cost Trade-Offs?
- Should HDOs Limit Themselves to Truly Integrated Applications?
- What Are "Truly Integrated" Applications?