Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Maximized sustainable corporate performance requires not just information enabled business process but clear linkages between key sustainable business functions and related value-adding activities.
Table of Contents
Functional Domains of Sustainability Software
- 2.1 Sustainability Performance Management
- 2.2 Sustainable Supply Chain and Product Assessment Tools
- 2.3 Green IT
- 2.4 Information Reporting Platforms
- 2.5 Energy Management, Automation, Efficiency and Advanced Metering
- 2.6 Environment, Health and Safety
- 2.7 Sustainable Governance and Risk
Mapping Vendor Sustainability Applications to Functional Domains
- 3.1 The Lay of the Land: How Vendors Map to the Sustainable Business Functional Domains
- 3.2 The Response of Major Enterprise Vendors to the Sustainability Opportunity
- 3.3 The Startups and the Migrants From Adjacent Software Spaces
- 3.4 The Future Gorilla in the Midst?
The Outlook for the Future Development of the Ecosystem
- 4.1 Diversification Away from Simple Enterprise Carbon Accounting (ECA) tools — Searching for Weapons of Mass Deduction
- 4.2 Focus on Product Differentiation
- 4.3 Large Vendor Momentum and Market Consolidation
- 4.4 Further Emergence and Relevance of Sustainable Business Services
- 4.5 Migration From Low to Higher Levels of Sustainable Business Value and Sustainable Business Intelligence
- 4.6 Beyond Operational Boundaries — Supply Chains and Products
Bottom Line — Hot, Flat and Crowded, but Hopefully Also Data Convergent, IP Addressable and Sustainably Intelligent
- 1.0 Quantifying Sustainability