Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Summary Demand is more volatile and variable than ever, and customer buying patterns are shorter term and more erratic. Demand shaping is at full throttle, as commercial teams push to make their numbers. This creates a perfect storm, requiring extreme agility in environments that often have long lead times. Never before has the need for mature S&OP been more important.
Table of Contents
Background to the Research
- Stuck in Neutral in Stage 2
What Does a Collaborative Stage 3 S&OP Process Look Like?
Achieving S&OP Stage 3 Maturity
- Quantitative Changes
- Financial Integration and Reconciliation
- Proper Alignment of Planning Horizons and Decision-Making Responsibility
Simplified Metrics — Measuring Success
- Transfer of Ownership — What Instigated the Change?
- The Evolution of Managing Demand
- Change of Focus — What's in a Name?
Sustaining Stage 3 Maturity
- Building the Right Culture
- Use of a Center of Excellence (COE)
- Talent Management
- The Role of Technology
- Background to the Research