Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
With increasing pressure to allow employee-owned devices such as iPhones and iPads into the business, we ask how secure Apple's new Data Protection is, and advise on securing corporate data on iOS devices.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know
- Lack of Data Protection Capabilities in Third-Party Programs
- Use of "Master" or "Escrow" Keys to Provide Transparent Access to iOS Devices From External Programs
Protecting the Data and User Credentials on Your iOS Device
Foiling Brute Force Attacks
Data Protection Access Control
It's in the Keybag
The Weakest Link
Criteria for Secure Third-Party or In-House iOS 4 Applications
- Which Data Protection class do you use for my data?
- What access (if any) to data is provided once the device is locked?
- Have you clearly segregated data between the file system and the keychain?
- Can I migrate my data between devices?
- Are my pre-existing files protected?
- What You Need to Know