Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Logistics has traditionally been viewed as a tactical execution function, but some companies are now leveraging logistics capability as part of end-to-end business strategies. This research provides a set of cross-industry concepts, frameworks and maturity models to help achieve alignment.
Table of Contents
The Demand-Driven Basics
The Differences in Demand-Driven Logistics
- Vertical Industries and Business-Specific Characteristics Affect Logistics Strategy Development
Aligning Logistics to Demand-Driven Strategies
- Become Market-Driven
- Drive Innovation in Products and Services
- Build Value in Supply Networks
- Orchestrating the Demand-Driven Response
A Framework and Maturity Model for Aligning Logistics With the Demand-Driven Transformation
- Logistics and the Value Chain Transformation
- The Four Stages of Maturity of the Logistics Components
The Elements of Success
- The Demand-Driven Basics