Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Although the term "big data" overemphasizes the issue of information volume, it does serve as a useful way to start a conversation about the multiple dimensions required of a modern information management strategy.
Table of Contents
The Uses and Dangers of the Term "Big Data"
- Examples of How Data Volume Evolves Into Other Challenges
- "Big Data" Starts a Conversation About Other Dimensions
Extreme Aspects of Information Management
- Big Data Starts With Quantification
- Addressing Access and Qualification
- Pattern-Based Strategy Demands Extreme Information Management
What to Do About Extreme Information Management Issues
- Recognizing the Challenge
- Planning for Extreme Information Management
- Managing Data Extremes
Appendix: The Economics of Data