Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
The Hierarchy of Manufacturing Metrics helps companies connect manufacturing and supply chain performance to increase responsiveness, quality and efficiency by understanding the trade-offs between delivering a perfect order out of the plants and keeping costs in line.
Table of Contents
Introducing the Hierarchy of Manufacturing Metrics
- Manufacturing Excellence
- Production Cycle Times
- Operations Excellence
How to Use the Hierarchy of Manufacturing Metrics
- Identify Metrics Interdependencies to Make Profitable Trade-Offs in Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Style Determines Which Metrics to Emphasize
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Is Demand Volatility at the Top of the Hierarchy?
- How Is Sustainability Represented?
- Where Is Quality Management?
- How Do Our Suppliers and Outsourced Partners Track Their Performances?
- Where Is Complexity Reflected in the Hierarchy?
- What About People and Technology?
Tying It Together