Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
This assessment describes endpoint protection platform (EPP) market trends and futures, analyzes the market segments and vendors, and provides recommendations for customers.
Table of Contents
Summary of Findings
What is an Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)?
Requirements and Typical Solutions
- Multiple Platform Support
- Anti-Malware and HIPS Protection
- Advanced Data Protection
- Modular Packaging and Interoperability
Market Definition and Drivers
Market Trends and Disruptors
- Consolidation and Churn
- Security and Management Convergence
- Disruptive SaaS Delivery Model
- Disruptive OS Changes
- Disruptive Smartphones and Tablets
- Disruptive Consumerization and Democratization
- Disruptive Reputation and Whitelisting Technologies
- Enterprise Anti-Malware
- Security Suites
- Security and Management
- Security Software as a Service
- What is an Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)?
Maximizing Detection Capability
Obtaining a Broad EPP from a Single Vendor
Emphasizing Smartphone and/or Consumerization Support Now
Migrating to the Cloud
- Maximizing Detection Capability