Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Gartner research shows ad hoc changes to business processes as the new normal. This report identifies important trade-offs that organizations must make between process integrity and process agility requirements in the context of their pace-layering strategy.
Table of Contents
What Is a Business Application Anyway?
Business Processes Encompass the Work Activities of Organizations
Revisiting Process Agility
- Ad Hoc Process Is the New Normal and Requires Increased Process Agility
- Three Common Challenges That Call for Increased Process Agility
Revisiting Process Integrity
- Two Types of Process Integrity
- New Technologies Make User-Defined Process Integrity a Reality
Using the Process Agility and Process Integrity Application Continuum
- Example: Financial Close Application
- Example: Insurance Agency Licensing Process
Different Pace Layers Require Different Degrees of Process Agility and Process Integrity
- What Is a Business Application Anyway?