Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Gartner's Pace-Layered Application Strategy helps customer service companies create effective, flexible, innovative cross-channel strategies. Use the model to organize your applications and to develop a long-term, dynamic plan to leverage IT investments and incorporate CRM social media and mobility trends.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Scope of CSS
What Is Pace Layering?
What Is Connective Tissue?
- Case Management and Problem Resolution
- Collaborative Answers and Case Resolution
- Workforce Optimization
- Voice of the Customer
- Web Customer Service
- Customer Service Analytics
Identify the Applications That Belong in Pace Layer Levels
- Questions to Identify Systems of Innovation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Differentiation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Record
Applying Pace Layering to CSS
Recommendations for CSS Pace Layers
- Guidance for Systems of Innovation
- Guidance for Systems of Differentiation
- Guidance for Systems of Record
Applications Frequently Migrate Among Layers
New Applications Should Be Classified at Point of Conception
- Introduction: The Scope of CSS