Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Gartner's Pace-Layered Application Strategy can help finance organizations develop an effective, flexible and innovative business strategy. Use this model to deconstruct your portfolio of financial management applications and develop a long-term, dynamic technology plan that fully leverages your IT investments.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Scope of FM Applications
What Is Pace Layering?
What Is Connective Tissue?
- EIM and Analytics
- Application Architecture and Process Integration
Classifying FM Applications to the Right Pace Layer
- Questions to Identify of Systems of Innovation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Differentiation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Record
Applying Pace Layering to FM Applications
- Midsize, Product-Centric Company With a B2B Focus
- Midsize Service-Centric Company
- Large Multinational With Single-Instance ERP and Shared Services
Recommendations for FM Pace Layers
- Guidance for Systems of Record
- Guidance for Systems of Differentiation
- Guidance for Systems of Innovation
Applications Frequently Migrate Among Layers
New Applications Should Be Classified at Point of Conception
- Introduction: The Scope of FM Applications