Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Gartner's Pace-Layered Application Strategy helps order management and sales organizations develop a customer-focused, flexible innovative business strategy. This model enables order management architectures to respond better to customer and market changes, and to leverage existing order management investments.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Scope of Customer-Centric Order Management
What Is Pace Layering?
What Is Connective Tissue?
- Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and Analytics
- Business Process Management
- Application Architecture and Process Integration
Order Management Applications
Classifying Order Management Applications to the Right Pace Layer
- Questions to Identify Systems of Record
- Questions to Identify Systems of Differentiation
- Questions to Identify of Systems of Innovation
Applying Pace Layering to Customer-Centric Order Management
- Pace Layering in a Manufacturer Moving to a Solution Delivery Strategy
- Evolution of Manufacturer's Solution Delivery Strategy
- Example of Retailer Moving to True Multichannel Capabilities
- Evolution of Retailer Moving to True Multichannel Capabilities
Recommendations for (Domain) Pace Layers
- Guidance for Systems of Record
- Guidance for Systems of Differentiation
- Guidance for Systems of Innovation
Applications Frequently Migrate Between Layers
New Applications Should Be Classified at Point of Conception
- Introduction: The Scope of Customer-Centric Order Management