Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Use Gartner's Pace-Layered Application Strategy to continually assess your organization's e-commerce capabilities, investments and strategies. Because the model is flexible, it is particularly adaptable to changes in the e-commerce market and the technological advances that drive user expectations.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Scope of E-Commerce
- Context-Aware Mobile Applications Spark E-Commerce Evolution
What Is Pace Layering?
What Is Connective Tissue?
- Basic E-Commerce Components
- Web Customer Experience
- Social CRM
Classifying E-Commerce Applications to the Right Pace Layer
- Questions to Identify of Systems of Innovation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Differentiation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Record
Applying Pace Layering to E-Commerce
- Retail Industry (B2C)
- Publishing Industry (B2B) — Current and Future
Recommendations for E-Commerce Pace Layers
- Guidance for Systems of Innovation
- Guidance for Systems of Differentiation
- Guidance for Systems of Record
Applications Frequently Migrate Between Layers
New Applications Should Be Classified at the Point of Conception
- Introduction: The Scope of E-Commerce