Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Newer delivery models are making application strategy increasingly complicated for HR and human capital management organizations. Gartner's Pace-Layered Application Strategy provides a framework to organize implementation plans as these strategies evolve, while ensuring the agility of the HR/HCM organization.
Table of Contents
The Scope of HR and HCM
What Is Pace Layering?
What Is Connective Tissue?
- Enterprise Information Management and Analytics
- Business Process Management
- Application Architecture and Process Integration
Classifying HCM Applications in the Right Pace Layer
- Questions to Identify Systems of Record
- Questions to Identify Systems of Differentiation
- Questions to Identify of Systems of Innovation
Applying Pace Layering to HCM
- Example 1: Manufacturing Organization
- Example 2: Professional Services Firm
Recommendations for HCM Pace Layers
- Guidance for Systems of Record
- Guidance for Systems of Differentiation
- Guidance for Systems of Innovation
Applications Frequently Migrate Among Layers
New Applications Should Be Classified at Point of Conception
- The Scope of HR and HCM